Thank you for your kindness, patience and support throughout this time – we could not be more excited to reopen on the 4th July, to look after you and help you feel more you.
To provide (more than ever before!) deserved ‘me time’ respite for you all, we will all need to participate to ensure the new procedures and guidelines are carried out as smoothly and easily as possible.
We appreciate this is a lengthier update than usual, however, it is imperative that we all understand what has changed, so we’ve summarised in brief and expanded with details and reasonings beneath.
We cannot wait to welcome you back.
What You Need To Know (And How We Can Look After Each Other)
- Please phone to make your appointment on 01883622663
- App and email requests will be temporarily disabled, and for now, we will only take bookings over the phone. (All other methods are too unreliable with this volume of enquiries)
- Please avoid bringing unnecessary items such as large bags, shopping, coats/umbrellas unless necessary.
- Please come alone and do not bring guests, family members or pets with you unless you have a carer or partner helping with health and mobility issues or have a guide dog.
- Face Mask are down to client discretion. We can supply a mask if you don’t have any.
- Please use hand sanitiser provided, before and after your visit.
- Please arrive just in time for your scheduled appointment. (Gov. guidelines)
- Please familiarise yourself with the new procedures and guidelines outlined in detail, prior to your visit.
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough? Do you have a high temperature? Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell? If yes to any of these symptoms, however mild, you must stay at home and reschedule your appointment. (Gov. guidelines)
- To protect you, your fellow guests and our team we reserve the right to reschedule any person attending with symptoms. Please notify us in advance and we will do our best to find you a new appointment as soon as possible.
Important Temporary Changes
- Initial appointment length may be a little longer (only upon individual requests by your stylist and they will explain why in person.)
- Our opening hours are increasing, and staff are working rota shifts.
- In light of the corona-virus outbreak, changes to the salon and the way we work have been adapted for the clients and staff safety, therefore a slight increase of £4 will be added to all services.
- The stylists will have different start times, meaning that it should reduce the number of guests arriving to 2 or 3 at a time.
- Most stylists’ working days and hours will be temporarily changing.
- We will be taking payments from the comfort of your salon chair before the end of your visit. This should prevent queuing when checking out. We recommend downloading and setting up Apple Pay or Google Pay beforehand on your phone which will negate the need to touch the terminals.
If you would like to know more or have unanswered questions, please call the salon.
Skin Safety Tests
The safety of our guests has always been paramount to us all and we are pleased that continuing these same practices is just as simple and easy as before.
The good news is that our skin safety test procedures are still the same; if you have had a colour service with us. If you haven’t had a colour service, you will need a skin test 24 hours before your appointment.
However, following advice from our colour suppliers, we do have one new exception – if you have used a box colour between appointments, we will need to carry out a new skin test.
For anyone that requires a skin test, this must be done at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Booking Procedures – phoning is the best method for booking
Telephone bookings will be the only method of booking initially, as it will allow for quick agreement of times and dates.
Our booking app and emails will not be in use until further notice.
Booking Times & Opening Hours
The whole team has been working through their guest lists to tailor and personalise your experience to give you the absolute best results, allowing them to be the most professional stylist they can be. What this means, is that as we haven’t seen some of you for a long time and lots may have changed with your hair (especially colour and grown out styles), they may have selected slightly longer appointment times for you on your initial visits.
Opening Hours & Stylists’ Schedules
We have created a temporary new roster with new, longer opening hours, reduced the number of people in the building by 1/3rd. The stylists will have different start times, meaning that it should reduce the number of guests arriving, to 2 or 3 at a time.
Our New Environment
For everybody’s safety, the M&L team will be wearing the PPE. We are leaving clients to decide if they would like to wear a mask. We have masks available at the salon, but if you prefer to wear your own, then please do. Your stylist will have a designated seating area for each guest and they will greet you there – we respectfully request that you do not bring non-essential company with you and bring as little as possible by way of coats and bags.
Our Safety Changes
At M&L, we are extremely fortunate to have a lot of space which makes social distancing easier for us than for other businesses. Our sections are designed with the mirror as a screen and are a minimum of 2 metres apart, so we do not need to provide extra screening. Our basins have had new screens fitted and meet the government guidelines.
New rosters are in place to minimise the number of guests arriving or leaving at any one time.
We have removed our waiting area therefore we ask you not to arrive to early to your appointment.
The team have also been given their own cleaning equipment which they’ll have at their sections at all times, so they are the only ones that touch and use them. This will include face coverings, antibacterial spray, equipment sterilising spray, alcohol gel and cleaning cloths.
When working closely with you the team will be wearing face shields instead of masks in line with government guidelines and these will be one per stylist which will be cleaned after each use.
Refreshments – Magazines
The government guidelines dictate that for now we are not able to offer refreshments whilst visiting us, and we are not allowed to provide magazines during this time.
We are passionate that our dedication to safety makes you feel safe and looked after whilst coming, with the least impact on the environment possible.
Bookings, Payments and Rebooking’s
To remove the need for unnecessary queuing and congregating, we will be taking payments in the chair during or at the end of your visit with us. Our receptionist will hand you over a sterilised payment terminal. We recommend downloading and installing Apple Pay or Google Pay on your phone which will negate the need to touch the terminals. Initially for the new rosters.
Thank you for making it this far, we appreciate this has been a big update!
We are incredibly excited that we’ll be seeing you all soon and we look forward to welcoming you,
Mickael and Ludovic